Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for info/pictures on a clutch brake pedal assembly for a 1968 small block. It is non power brake.
I understand (possible wrongly) that more than one assembly and as many as 3 or 4 exist. Do they differ from 67 to 69?
Can anyone post the correct picture or send an email picture.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
The 67 and 68's will interchange, there might be some small differences in numbers of holes (probably on the 68 due to the collapsable steering column). The 69 is totally different. I could probably snap a photo of one in morning if no one else gets one for you ( I have one sitting on garage floor all out). There is also very little difference between power and non-power for 67/8. The supports usually have the extra hole to move power petal up and the power supports don't have the threaded inserts at firewall (they can be easily knocked off for converting a manual support for power).

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Power and non-power brake pedals are significantly different with the power units being much longer to mount in the top hole of the support. There is a slight difference between 67 and 68 power pedals as the 68's have a slightly deeper curve to them to clear the added girth of the collapsible column. For your non-power application, any 67/68 support with the pem nuts will work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.