Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I'm well down the road on my restomod 1968 coupe, doing final assembly. I pulled out my roofrail weather strip channel molding, restored it, but it seems to be very badly torqued on the passenger's side. I realize that no one is making these for the coupe, but I guess my question is the way it is bent, I can't straighten it correctly, it's bent side to side. I'm having no luck finding any used ones, so I guess my question is:
1. has anyone had luck bending these back into shape, if so, how?
2. does anyone have a suggestion on where or who I might check with for used ones?

I'm pretty stuck at this point :(
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
35,829 Posts
No one reproduces them, because they are quite common on cars being parted out. Any 67-68 Mustang hardtop can provide what you need. Check with someone who sells used parts, such as Perogie Enterprises.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Take a small c clamp such as a 1inch or 2 inch and clamp one on each side of where it is bent and gently bend it back into shape

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a restoration shop in Ft Worth who can do the restoration of the trim pieces at a really reasonable cost. I also found a salvage yard with a couple sets. The restoration of the existing pieces is cheaper than the salvage yard, so 3 days I should have some like new pieces back.
Thanks for the responses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts