Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! Got a pony + Dynacorn conversion kit, about to start. Not sure about keeping original dashboard plus seats but was curious if any of it is original.

What surprises me, it has a tachometer and it looks original @ least same old as other gauges, and strange bucket seats that also old so not sure what is this is about 💁‍♂️

Car Vehicle Gear shift Automotive lighting Steering part

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle

·
Premium Member
9,860 Posts
I'm not sure about the tachometer but the seats look like a kit recover of some seats out of a 1980s fox body Mustang

Reactions: sheza65 and Husky44

·
Registered
42,147 Posts
Neither is original. The seats look to me to be BMW/VW, etc. Recaro's or Foxbody Mustang/Thunderbird units, although I don't see a lumbar adjuster... The tachometer is aftermarket. The Mustang "tach cluster" omitted the oil pressure gauge and ammeter, replacing them with warning lamps, and a large tach was placed opposite the speedometer.

·
Premium Member
1966 GT 4spd
2,109 Posts

·
Registered
1967 Convertible Shelby clone
369 Posts
Neither are original but both are good upgrades. I upgraded my cluster to a 67-68 Cougar instrument cluster with tach- for some reason many more tachs were installed in Cougars than Mustangs and they used to be rather common and cheap.

·
Registered
12,248 Posts
Hey! Got a pony + Dynacorn conversion kit, about to start. Not sure about keeping original dashboard plus seats but was curious if any of it is original.

What surprises me, it has a tachometer and it looks original @ least same old as other gauges, and strange bucket seats that also old so not sure what is this is about 💁‍♂️

View attachment 847483
View attachment 847484
I have one of those tachs in my ‘68. The were called retrograde and made by a guy in Australia. No longer being manufactured. If operating still, should fetch you a worthwhile monetary return……
Nice item.

Reactions: beechkid

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have one of those tachs in my ‘68. The were called retrograde and made by a guy in Australia. No longer being manufactured. If operating still, should fetch you a worthwhile monetary return……
Nice item.
Interesting.
Yes, it works just fine. Tachometer

1 - 15 of 15 Posts