Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Coupe / Family owned since 21 APR 1964
790 Posts
Very nice,
Great radiator choice. Check out the “Improved Racing” remote oil filter and oil cooler thermostat assembly. It facilitates AN12 plumbing and ensures hi volume flow and plumbing to/from the C&R 11554. Also, I personally highly recommend “ANhosefittings.com” for your plumbing needs (Same raceflux fittings/hose as sold on improved racing). Pricing was very competitive when purchasing over certain $$ amounts and their lengthy return policy/customer support was superb! - and very fast shipping. Plumbing direction and fitting options and angles get quite overwhelming when talking everything involved with the”swap” - remote oil filter, cooler, PS & cooler, PBrakes, fuel etc. I know I attempted to map everything out to perfection but once fittings were in hand, I in every case realized a different angle or configuration would work better…. I found it best to just order every possible option, finalize design/direction on the fly and return those that I did not use.

I noticed you linked the “XL” version of the T56. Was that to facilitate the Roaster Shop chassis or did you want the shifter further back?

Going to be awesome!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Your cowl looks great/quite sound. 👍 That was one area on my 64.5 that amazed most Mustang folks. Mine looked like yours with just a tad bit of surface rust. It did have over 260k miles but garaged at all times however, so it lived a “sheltered“ life. 😄
Keep the progress pics coming!
KJ

·
Registered
790 Posts
I went with the below and a 3.70 rear. The T56 was the best choice for 500hp NA or my plan of a future SC and 700+
My 5.0 Aluminator is set up for 7800+ rpm as well.

TREMEC TUET 11010
  • Gear Ratios 2.66, 1.78, 1.30, 1, .80, .63
  • 26 spline input, 31 spline output Shafts
  • Cable Release guide tube and pivot stud
  • Torque rated 700+ft/lb

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have yet to drive my 65 enough to remotely get the transmission (T56) hot. I have not read of any major heat issues with them either. I guess you could say I don’t expect any temp issues in regards to the T56. If you are running hydraulic PS I would stick with the EOC/PSC option. As for my oil cooler/filter thermostat, I’m pretty sure I went with the 185. But admit I’ll need to look at my order. I know I can’t read the thermostat specs given the way the housing is mounted.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I remember questioning whether to go 185 or 205 - I may have a 205 but it was 2019 when I ordered and my memory is failing me…😜 Even without an oil thermostat you would be at or near the radiator exit temp. In my mind I prefer the oil temp to be a bit less than more. I know with most of my run times the oil has not even circulated through the cooler. Even though the the engine is 180+ the oil wasn’t as the plumbing going to/from the radiator oil cooler was cold (no flow etc.)
10w-60,,, dang, can’t say I even would of guessed they had such an oil weight. I’m sure your Aluminator is the same and requires 5w-50. Even when 70-80 in the shop at idle after start it’s at 110+ psi. Will drop down to about 60 psi at idle hot. The computer kicks the fans on at about 180 and it appears the engine thermostat is 195 as that’s were my gauge sits when putting around last.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I didn’t know it at the time but one of the best things I did was separate and save every part, nut, bolt, screw, wire you name it off my 65 during disassembly. I felt I wouldn’t need 3/4s of it but I can’t tell you how many items I went back just for install clarification, ideas on fabrications, need of said part or connection, you get the idea.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Totally agree with your above approach. Today you are definitely juggling dollar amounts, availability/delivery times and ordering something you may not need etc..
You are bound to change directions once or twice on install/modification directions.
-My suggestion for your AC setup (and other components), buy everything for under the dash and all other “required” parts/assemblies - aka, those that won’t or can’t change the instal regardless of direction etc. But I would hold off on plumbing and bulkhead connections until you can look at your final firewall config, engine instal with final intake, headers, radiator, wiring harness/computer, air intake etc. Even though VA was “very” accommodating with my returns I still wasted $$ ordering everything as a kit upfront etc.

Cheers

·
Registered
790 Posts
Greetings Boss and Lionel,
The QL-38s are a very nice latch. Quality feel and definitely secure when latched. I purchased the QL-38 black anodized yet sanded and had the shop paint them body color. Given my fiberglass hood I also beefed up the area surrounding the “hole”. Basically its a solid ~inch thick and blended out to spread the possible load.

Happy/safe4th!

Vehicle Hood Car Automotive lighting Grille

·
Registered
790 Posts
No, you won’t.

All they appeared to check on mine was:
Headlights (high and low beam)
Taillights
Brake lights
Front and rear turn signals
Horn
Wipers

See below for the official TX list.

Blue Product Azure Operating system Font

·
Registered
790 Posts
Is there a way to post video on these forums?

I’ve tried and haven’t figured it out
Don’t tell me,,,
You have a video of you driving that chassis around sitting on a milk crate don’t you?…
😜😜😜

How’s the body coming along?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts