Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Sorry to see your unwanted discoveries. It seems we all have these moments, it is just a matter of degree. As you said, your lower cowl looks great, unusual given the rust you have found elsewhere.
I had to replace my upper and lower cowl panels, rear taillight panel, valance and most recently found both quarter skins needed replacing. I do feel you pain, but I know you will do it right and make the car whole again.
Once the back end of the car is repaired, I then need to look at the front fenders and new hood I received with the car. Keeping my fingers crossed but we all know that it doesn't help.

·
Registered
65 GT Convertible Restomod
103 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Sorry to see your unwanted discoveries. It seems we all have these moments, it is just a matter of degree. As you said, your lower cowl looks great, unusual given the rust you have found elsewhere.
I had to replace my upper and lower cowl panels, rear taillight panel, valance and most recently found both quarter skins needed replacing. I do feel you pain, but I know you will do it right and make the car whole again.
Once the back end of the car is repaired, I then need to look at the front fenders and new hood I received with the car. Keeping my fingers crossed but we all know that it doesn't help.
yeah speaking of unwanted discoveries I forgot to mention the taillight panel needs replacement.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I’m not going to have any issues getting the car inspected if I delete the rear side marker lights … am I?

·
Registered
65 Coupe / Family owned since 21 APR 1964
655 Posts
No, you won’t.

All they appeared to check on mine was:
Headlights (high and low beam)
Taillights
Brake lights
Front and rear turn signals
Horn
Wipers

See below for the official TX list.

Blue Product Azure Operating system Font

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Is there a way to post video on these forums?

I’ve tried and haven’t figured it out

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Thanks for the videos. Looks like you have the sheet metal to keep you busy for a long time. It will be great to see the old rusty stuff go away and get replaced with the new metal.
Seeing builds like yours helps me realize that, even with all the history I have found in my own car, that others are challenged at a level I could not deal with. It makes me understand my issues are relatively minor, in comparison, and get back to work.
Carry on, looking forward to seeing your progress.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts