Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I know nuttin about the 68 GTA, but how do you know it's a GTA without the original driver's door and data plate?

Never said it was a GTA. GT is for east coast and 68 and up. GTA was 67.

Without having original bill of sale, it's more difficult but not impossible. A few different items tell them apart. For starters, reinforced plates added in below the rear seats to accommodate dual exhaust hangers. Fog lights, grills, badges, hub caps, gas caps,etc.

I'm still trying to track original bill of sale. It's out there.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
After a very long debate over black and blue, I settled for blue with silver racing stripes. The blue I found is close to Acapulco Blue but a little more electric I guess? Some people call it Daytona Blue.
I'm partial to blue myself...my last 69 was deep impact blue..loved it

Attachments

·
Registered
692 Posts
After a very long debate over black and blue, I settled for blue with silver racing stripes. The blue I found is close to Acapulco Blue but a little more electric I guess? Some people call it Daytona Blue.
I'm partial to blue myself...my last 69 was deep impact blue..loved it
That is a striking colour of blue. Love it!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Today I visited the restoration shop to confirm paint color. They’ve done so much and the car is starting to come together. Very happy in the quality of work so far. Looks like we have about a month to go and then it will be back to my garage.

Color I settled on is lightning blue with silver racing stripes.

I am also bringing the racing stripes right around from chin to bumper. They will be same width as the turn signal hood vents. I know it’s not by factory standard, but this build was never going to be a stock restoration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,005 Posts
What did you find about the cowl thing? Did it hold water/no leaks?

·
Registered
459 Posts

Mine is Daytona Blue - I think it looks pretty nice :)

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Paint is done. It’s coming home this week which is exciting but also stresses me out. There’s a lot to do and a fair bit will be a first time for me. Here’s a couple teaser pics my body shop sent me. He refuses to send me final photos as to not ruin the “reveal” when I go to pick it up.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Great paint – beautiful car! A Marty report should be able to verify everything you would need to know about your pony!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks. Had a hard time choosing a colour, but glad I went with lightening blue. I got a Marty report and was happy to find out it was a true GT.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

Progress on the motor. 302 roller from an 87. Bored to 3 over, decked and ready to be honed now that we have a clear build spec. It took me a long time to settle on heads/cam/pistons. This site helped a lot.

Settled on Trick flow 170cc 11r heads, KB311 pistons and an Howard’s Cam. The jury is still out for intake and carb.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Rpm airgap and Holley Sniper!
That my vote!
Living vicariously, I sold my shell J Code Fastback for a farther along coupe.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Finally got to have some time in the garage. Pulled the rear end so that I can clean / detail the rest of the tea undercarriage.

While it’s out, I’ll change the diff oil and wire brush the whole thing. Finish it off with semi gloss black I think.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts