Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I had a PB S-code 4spd GT fastback loaded car years ago... another one I wish I had back )-:

You can order a Marti Report for more info abour your specific car go to martiauto.com and just enter your Vin # $50

What options are on your car ? Any pics ?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Seeing as there were approx. 41,000 fbs made in 1968, I'd say that is a pretty low amount.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
3.6% of all 68 Mustangs were Painted this color

The Top 3 colors were:
W White 12.4%
C Red 11%
Lime Gold 10.5%

Good luck on the car, it looks REALLY nice, and just think you will not have to deal with importing a car, plus you can inspect it yourself. Let us know how it works out? Chris

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Of the factory colors Pebble Beige only accounted for .08 % of all the mustangs. I'm sure there were many special order paints that were even rarer..

I remember years ago a friend having a Longhorn Orange 68 Shelby GT500KR I believe it was the only one produced in that shade of Orange.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Pres. blue is a great color on a Mustang. I've owned 2 '68 GTs in that color and to me, pleasing to the eyes it is right up there at the top with acapulco blue, dark moss/highland green and silver frost.

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
1968fb said:
Where did your 68fb go to?
I assume this might have been for me...
I sold it back in 2003. I moved to GA and left the car back in NY at my parents place. I needed a car with AC in GA so I sold the '68 S code GT FB and bought a '00 GT 'Vert. I know the FB was sold to a guy from West VA who trailered it back. I pretty much had the whole underside of the car replaced a few months before I moved!

I'm sure we all do it...looking back at the cars we have owned (me over the past 15 yrs..I'm 30 now) and wish we held onto them! I'm still kicking myself for not buying the '68.5 CJ Pres. blue fastback b/c it needed paint and trq boxes back in '03 for $19K!!! Duh!!

Mike

·
Registered
654 Posts
Speaking of kicking oneself, first new car was a 69 Black Jade Sportsroof. Sales rep was leaving in a week for his honeymoon and was trying to sell me up a grade. Swore he would give me the deal of a life time but I passed on one of two 69 Shelby GT 500's. Who knew?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I once had a 68 s code 4 speed gt presidential blue fastback. I believe it is one of the most beautiful colors out there. It was hard to keep clean though. The white C stripe really set it off.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii141/howardrigsby/68fastback.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts