Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I get a little help from a 1968 model year MCA judge? Which is the Concours correct TRIM BEZEL for fog lights in a '68 - the plain round one or the one with the horizontal bar and 'bullet' in the center? many thanks! as an aside - did different assembly plants use different bezels? were they switched up mid-model year? was it simply a penny-pinching scheme to delete the bar and 'bullet'? was it a big block vs small block thing? are they both correct?? if you could, please shed some "light' on the subject - this should help make my decision less foggy. Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm watching this for an answer. I'd also like to add on, if I could: What about the clear verse amber lenses?

(Sorry, not trying to hijack your post, just hoping whatever expert chimes in can answer all these questions)

·
Registered
641 Posts
The part to which you are referencing has a basic part number 15214. As you can see from the attached pictures of the Master Parts Catalog, 65-68 used the same part for this. No change for 1968.

IMO the factory provided clear bulbs only. You can read more about these here - it is quite easy to search and find things that have been discussed:

https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vintage-mustang-forum/1152242-68-gt-fog-light-lens-color-2.html

https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vintage-mustang-forum/1157348-bar-not-bar-68-fog-lights-2.html

I have pictures of several unrestored 1968 GT's with less than 10,000 miles. All the same, clear bulbs, 15214 with bar/bullet, whatever you prefer to call it.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Note on fog light bulb color.
From what I've read in the past, the clear vs amber was regulated by each state. Some states didn't allow a clear bulb in center.
Maybe something similar to federal rule on early 67 Shelby's when law made Ford move Shelby inside grille lights to out outer edge. ???

FYI I've attached a pic of my unrestored 67, note amber lights. Note the pic was taken I believe early 80's. Not restored until I bought it 1994.
My 67 DSO was Boston, MA.
Perhaps based on a DSO, the dealers changed them out to satisfy state laws. A guess.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts