Vintage Mustang Forums banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Cleaned up the interior floor and the trunk compartment, then seam sealed with some 3M. Just got done spaying a few coats of SPI epoxy to seal it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Been searching through colors over the last several months and I think I may have found something to try. “Twisted Lime”, it has a high gold pearl in it. I know it will be near impossible to duplicate the color of the original green hornet but I would like to get something that resembles it. I think I’ll purchase a pint and shoot some spare parts to see if I like it. What do you all think?

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm usually not a fan of plain green...that is NOT plain green. It's nice and metallic. I'm a huge fan of bright, vibrant, metallic colors. That's a nice one!

I also like this new green as well used on the 2020 GT500.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I'm usually not a fan of plain green...that is NOT plain green. It's nice and metallic. I'm a huge fan of bright, vibrant, metallic colors. That's a nice one!

I also like this new green as well used on the 2020 GT500.

That’s the color I would like, it’s the same as the green hornet, but i don’t think it is a production ford color.

·
Premium Member
5,284 Posts
Just wondering if you are planning on putting body color inside the car or stopping at epoxy primer? Obviously all the exposed metal will get body color, I was asking about floor, firewall package tray and everything else that's hidden from view when finished?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Just wondering if you are planning on putting body color inside the car or stopping at epoxy primer? Obviously all the exposed metal will get body color, I was asking about floor, firewall package tray and everything else that's hidden from view when finished?
I am planning on using body color on the door/trunk jams, interior of the door, and dash. Going to leave floor, firewall, trunk, underside of car, and engine compartment in epoxy black along with everything else out of sight. SPI epoxy is very durable and drys as a satin color.

·
Premium Member
5,284 Posts
I am planning on using body color on the door/trunk jams, interior of the door, and dash. Going to leave floor, firewall, trunk, underside of car, and engine compartment in epoxy black along with everything else out of sight. SPI epoxy is very durable and drys as a satin color.
I was actually thinking about doing the same to my car.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Fixed the front hood gap to nose with a little fiberglass and resin. I’ve spent most of the week working on the front nose section getting the final fitment complete. I also sanded the entire car looking for and finishing any bodywork. Found a few small dents but overall it’s looking pretty good and I think it is ready for some SPI 2k high build primer and final block sanding. I hate this part of the build because I have everything fitting perfectly and now I have to pull it all apart to trim all the pieces and prep it for paint. I’m always worried that I won’t be able to get it all aligned back this way again. I just tell myself that if it fits like this now it can be put back together with enough patience. I’ll post another picture once I get it in its first coat of 2K primer.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Been searching through colors...
Haggerty just sent out this story about the 2 EXP being together. See the green next to the new green might get you closer If you're trying for a duplicate.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I did a test spray today on a trailer fender with the color that I found (twisted lime). I think i found the right one that I’m going to go with, I tried it over 3 different colors of sealer, white, black, and gray. I think the black looked the best, hopefully I can get some outdoor sun in the next few days to get a better look at it. It has a high gold pearl in it which should really come alive in the sunlight.

Attachments

61 - 74 of 74 Posts