Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my uncle owns a body shop in north jersey. i man brought in a car he would like it restored a 1968 galaxy with a 289. they began talking and the guy has a 1968 coupe j code 4spd. power streering, ac. the guy says its a gt car. car has been in a garage for 20 something years. my uncle went to look at it, and he says its 50-50 worth restoring. anyone have any idea on how many r made like this. i asked my uncle to get the vin next time, so i can look it all up.

·
Registered
35,867 Posts
my uncle owns a body shop in north jersey. i man brought in a car he would like it restored a 1968 galaxy with a 289. they began talking and the guy has a 1968 coupe j code 4spd. power streering, ac. the guy says its a gt car. car has been in a garage for 20 something years. my uncle went to look at it, and he says its 50-50 worth restoring. anyone have any idea on how many r made like this. i asked my uncle to get the vin next time, so i can look it all up.
Kevin Marti will know exactly. Spend a few bucks. Then you'll know, for example, if it's a legitimate GT. Go up there with a good digital camera, we'll tell you if it's restorable. Anything can be fixed, if you're looking for a project. If you're planning to "flip" it, forget it. This car was a must-fix:

1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
2,851 cars were produced, with that engine and trans combo, according to a Marti report, I have, however, as mentioned above, if you really want to know, you should invest in a report, on that specific car! There could be very few? Good luck, and have fun.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea and thats what i have been telling my uncle is to get me the vin. so i can look it up. thank you for letting me know how many 302 with 4spds were made. i think he is saying 50, 50 on being worth fixing because he just got done restoring a 1966 conv and does not want to restore another mustang right away again. either way if he does not by the car i might. guy is not asking a lot for the car at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts