Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 1968 mustang fastback that has been setting outdoors under a large blue tarp for 30 plus years. The doors disappeared about two years ago. Don't know if it's for sale, but it's just setting there. It's on a lot in East Rochester Pa. on Stewart street. Thought maybe someone here would be interested. Thinking maybe you could get a satellite picture.

·
Premium Member
6,384 Posts
A curious soul could find out who owns that property and contact them, and apparently Mr. Mike,
that would be you. Let us know what you find out. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Easy.....
county GIS will give you the info. I found it in a couple minutes. I have the info but not sure I should post it to a public message board, even though it is technically public record. Beaver county PA.

·
Registered
35,892 Posts
Beware. I once saw a 65 convertible which got a total restoration in about 1988. A few years later, he lost interest and parked it in the back yard with a blue tarp over it. Fast forward ten years, and it came in again. Absolute rusty crap, completely unrestorable, and virtually no parts were worth salvaging, Only the stainless steel parts could be saved. The entire body looked like Alpine Lace cheese, and the the trapped moisture had even destroyed the seat frames.

·
Premium Member
4,391 Posts
Yeah a lot of those tarps aren't water proof to begin with, or aren't for very long, and condensation underneath is like slow death.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The tarp is very heavy. The doors must have been in good enough condition to buy or steal. I have no idea what it looks like underneath. I'm not recommending someone to buy it sight unseen. Obviously you would have to find the owner and see the condition before it's bought. Been thinking it's been there for thirty years the owner might be deceased.
Just thought it might be someone here may be interested in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts