Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1968 Mustang GT J-Code Fastback

Gulfstream Aqua with deluxe interior. Original J-Code 302 motor with original 4spd transmission. The car has all of its original GT factory equipment such as fog lights, GT emblems, GT gas lid, Exhaust tips, and chrome GT wheels. The interior of this car is VERY nice with only 94k original miles. It has never been wrecked or damaged. It has minor rust that would not require any panel replacement but would need a few small patches. This car needs a light restoration and could be used as is without too much embarrassment. It still gets a lot of looks as-is. The engine runs good and strong and the trans. shifts great. Disc brakes stop nice. $9,500.00 OBO [email protected]

I will post pictures soon. Car is in Columbus Ohio

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These pictures were taken in the rain so it is not as shiney as it looks in these pics. Somebody asked about the floors in the car and it will need front floors and the Driver's side floor brace. The car has had the left front apron and core support replaced years ago from a collision with a used unit. The VIN numbers from the dash, door and title match. It has been in storage for several years. These pics were taken the day it was purchased.

Pictures can be seen here

http://www.clubhotrod.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1119&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=500

Warranty Number: 8F02J198982
Year: 8 1968

Plant: F Dearborn, MI

Body Series: 02 2+2 Fastback

Engine: J 302 4v V8

Unit: 198982 198982

Miscellaneous Vehicle Data
Body: 63A 2+2 Fastback, Standard Interior

Color: F Gulfstream Aqua Metallic

Trim: 2K Lt. Aqua Crinkle Vinyl and Dk. Aqua Kiwi Vinyl, Standard Interior

Date: 23E May 23, 1968

D.S.O: 47 code not found

Axle: 6 3.20:1, Conventional

Trans: 5 4-Speed Manual

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Your first post says "it has never been wrecked or damaged". Then your followup says it has replacement sheetmetal "due to a collision with a used unit" (whatever that means). Im not telling you how to sell/represent cars here, but to me your credibility is suffering....

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree, I had a mustang afficianado look over the car for me (since I am not one) He gave me more info about the car. When I went back to edit the add with the new information the site would not let me edit it after 24 hours had elepased. So, I added it as a "reply" to make sure the correct info was provided. Sorry about the confusion.

The front apron on the left side was replaced with a "used unit" from another car, at least that what he tells me. Lman, as a person more knowledgable about these cars than myself, please feel free to add, correct, or point out any incorrect aspect of these cars or adds for everyone's benefit. Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts