Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 68 mustang and I need a new driver side fender. I am sticking out o and I finding a good used of NOS fender. If I had to go with a repop driver fender what is your experience with the different brands and which do you consider to be the best one? Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,249 Posts

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
I had to replace my PS on the 70. shop didnt give me too much time to find an original and the used ones i came up with needed more work than i cared to spend

I got the best repop NPD had. Slightly different on the inside rails in the indentation shapes and sharpness of the curvatures. but its a perfect fit
the minute differences doesn't bother me any. slightly thinner gauge

and of course no stamping dates. again i dont care about that

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had to replace my PS on the 70. shop didnt give me too much time to find an original and the used ones i came up with needed more work than i cared to spend

I got the best repop NPD had. Slightly different on the inside rails in the indentation shapes and sharpness of the curvatures. but its a perfect fit
the minute differences doesn't bother me any. slightly thinner gauge

and of course no stamping dates. again i dont care about that
Thanks, do you remember the brand by chance

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I have a repop fender on my '68 and it sucks. It is super thin gauge metal. Thin enough that you can oil can the top of the fender. Needless to say, I'm on the hunt for a workable original.

·
Vendor
4,070 Posts
Our (NPD) 1967 Mustang fenders are manufactured by "Golden Legion", and in my own opinion are the best-available currently on the market...

To the OP, please keep in mind that "brands" like Dynacorn or Drake or Goodmark, none of those are the actual manufacturers of the fenders. They might be buying their fenders from Golden Legion, or from MGT, or from CHL, or or...

The sheet metal game is extremely complex and complicated. The outfit that you buy the fender from, and how much they've researched/vetted all the different factories and choices and possibilities, is where the rubber hits the road. One factory makes the best fenders for a certain year, another the best hood, another the best floors, etc.etc...

Rick
NPD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts