Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm looking into a '68 GT 390 and one of the options the Marti Reports says is "extra cooling package." Anyone know what this was? Was it for the C6 tranny?

Tia,
Mike

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
If it is still there it is a good thing!

I don'y know the details of what it encompasses, but i worked in a dealership in '68 in Houston, Tx and I can tell you they very, very popular there!

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
according to my Muscle Car History - Mustang 64 1/2 - 68 by Tom Corcoran shows a luxury convertible with a dash integral SelectAire air conditioning at $360 was only cooling package I see. that might be it?

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told the car doesn't have AC and if it did, I think the Marti Report would say "SelectAire air conditioning" on it.

Hmm...I'm guessing it has something to do with the tranny. I'd be very happy if it was AC!!

Mike

·
Registered
406 Posts
Extra cooling package is nothing other than a larger radiator (~24" wide instead of ~20" wide). All 67-68 big block Mustangs came with a larger radiator to keep the beast a little cooler.

Sorry, the option is nothing unique.

Regards,

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is interesting. I'm not saying you are wrong....but I've owned 2 '68 Bigblock cars and have looked at about 5 general reports from Marti on big block '68 Stangs and this is the first report that actually mentioned the extra cooling package!

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts