Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1,218 Posts
Keep us updated. The ranchero has a really nice body. What year is the lightning motor and did it come out of a F150?

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,375 Posts
That's not the Lightning that donated the engine there next to the wagon is it?

·
Super Moderator
9,593 Posts
I’ll be following!

This should be in the Build Forum, ask me and I’ll move it.

·
Super Moderator
9,593 Posts
What year is it and I’ll add that to the title.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it is a 68 ranchero and thanks for moving it. Also i am sorry about posting double pictures all the time.My internet skills are not that good.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
did way more cutting today than i planned on. The Fairlane tunnels are tiny.The tailshaft is down 2% in the pic and the cross member I am fabing up will adjust up and down. Hope to get that done tomorrow.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
got the cross member done. sort of a knock off of what Jeff Ford is doing over at Autorestomod with his 4r going in his 69
wagon. I welded angle to the c4 cross member and than flat plate to that angle iron.Used the c4 trans mount. The plan now is to make a new tunnel and have it ready to transfer over to the ranchero.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
That build doesn't really make much sense....why do I wish it was mine so bad?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That build doesn't really make much sense....why do I wish it was mine so bad?
HaHa thanks I am sure I will be needing some advice from the guys that have been down the restomod road before me I just want to show that I am not some dumb ass behind a keyboard talking about doing something but am a dumb ass that actually is doing something :) Got my shifter today but it will probably be a week before I have anything else to show you

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
made a trans tunnel to go in the ranchero when i am ready Hope to push it up in from the bottom to make welding it in better Used some refrigerant cylinders for the 16 gauge metal The 2000 mustang shifter works well but not sure what is up with that cable i cut that is in the pic.It will not let you get out of park with tension on it and you release the tension by stepping on the gas. If that is all it is, then I
dont need it but it may have something to do brake switch not sure

1 - 20 of 39 Posts