Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Oh yea and the QA1 non adjustable hydraulic shocks up front.Between them and the Eaton standard duty springs i am hoping for a nice comfortable ride

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Having issues with the Borgeson box. The rag joint is coming in the firewall. After I put it where the set screw requires it is worse than in the picture. Also It is setting to the right a good 1/2 to 3/4 inches to the right. Don,t know If I can cheat the column over a little and the rag joint will take up the slack or not. Either way it is going to be some frame rail or fire wall mods that I was not expecting. This will set me back a week for sure.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Since the column is out put a epas in & forget the rag joint just got mine in my 67 vert& love the way it drives personally I think it drives better than all the power& manual steering Fords I've driven in the 50 plus years I've been fooling with Fords plus I don't lose any of the few hp my 200 has.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
had to get more creative with the Borgeson steering box than I wanted. I made a spacer plate out of a plastic cutting board to mount the base of the column to the fire wall. The rag joint was coming on in.. I could have moved the box foward from the factory holes but that is moving my pitman arm. I also had to move the rag joint closer than it is supposed to be on the box. Was a PITA but the cab stayed dry when I tested the seal with the water hose. I chose to cut my column instead of colapsing it like they recomend . It needed to be shortened 2.75 inches and I was not sure it crush up that much anyway. I left a remnant of the plug weld you see on double D shaft in the pic so now it will slip and cut the shifting tube off about a foot. It is only needed to hold shifting collar on for looks.I used a PVC fitting to hold the shaft centered in the end of the column and tightened things up nicely.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts