Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the correct engine bay color should be: satin black or gloss black?
Underneath the car, the body color; primer or which color of black?
Dash and other interior parts are they gloss or satin black?
What color should the trunk and hood hinges be?
What color should the trunk be; body color or speckle paint?
Any other detailng tips that would be helpful, please pass them on to me!
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
The engine bay is a semi-gloss black color. Just how much gloss is a constant debate amongst judges. I would stay to middle of the road for conservative and a little extra glossy if you are a risk taker.
Underneath the car is a mixture of primer (red oxide in your case) and body color. Divide the car into three equal length portions, front to back. The center part is going to almost all primer, the outer sides a fade from solid color to primer. There is no black underneath on your car.
Dash and other interior parts were painted at different times and with different paints. I don't think you want everything the same shade and color, even though it's all black. There is a "special" metallic paint for the dash. Maybe someone knows it on the forum.
The hood hinges are a phospahte coat. The usually appear grey, try using cast blast if your car is a driver. The trunk hinges are body color, but the bolts for the lid are black (phosphated) The trunk is all body color.
Try visiting my website: home.earthlink.net/~pdisher/shelbys.HTML
If you need more hollar. I hope to have more pictures soon

·
Registered
981 Posts
the dash paint is available through NPD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts