Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I moved into London, Ontario last Friday.

My dog and I went for a walk today and see what I saw in a garage 3 blocks away....a 1968 Shelby. The garage is set back quite a way so I couldn't tell if it was a convertible or fastback.

A future new friend.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
I'd rather have a friend with a Shelby or any vintage Mustang, than a friend with a pool !

·
Premium Member
10,325 Posts
The first time I ever went to Detroit my mind was blown away when I went south to get to Canada!

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Especially up here, pool season is between 4 and 8 weeks if you're lucky 😂. Snow storm going on as I speak, I ducking hate winter.
It is vintage Mustang season all year long in Alabama !

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Especially up here, pool season is between 4 and 8 weeks if you're lucky 😂. Snow storm going on as I speak, I ducking hate winter.
45 degrees here in the Niagara area today, I pulled the winter wheels off the Nautilus today and put the mags back on.
I had my inground pool filled in a couple of years ago, not worth the effort.

·
Registered
173 Posts
You definitely have to knock on that door...introduce yourself and simply say that you saw what looked like a Shelby in the garage one day while you were walking the dog....guaranteed you will have a great conversation! I did this about 30 years ago and "found" two 68's while driving home from the 1994 Charlotte MCA show... I saw two hoodscoops at the top of a hill.... I stopped, walked up a steep driveway and found a well-loved 68 GT350 sitting under a pile of wet leaves. I remember walking up to the front door hoping that an elderly lady answered the door...well she did, but it turned out that the cars were her sons...a GT350 sitting in the driveway covered with leaves, but then she showed me the prize...a 500KR sitting in the garage. I got her contact information, shared it with someone in my club looking for a Shelby and he ended up buying the outside Shelby!!! I still think of that car every time I drive by that house!

Go and say hello!!!!

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
3,963 Posts
There's an active Mustang group, or at least there was, in London years ago when I lived there. I'm sure some of the guys are still there, and the cars as well. I remember dragging a friend from a stoplight with a 428 CJ/4 spd in his 67 fastback once years ago, down hwy 135 in the south end, with my 289 (LOL). Well, I dragged with him for a few feet anyways...
Enjoy the new friend! You can still have a beer at least 6 feet away from each other these days.

·
Registered
10,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There's an active Mustang group, or at least there was, in London years ago when I lived there. I'm sure some of the guys are still there, and the cars as well. I remember dragging a friend from a stoplight with a 428 CJ/4 spd in his 67 fastback once years ago, down hwy 135 in the south end, with my 289 (LOL). Well, I dragged with him for a few feet anyways...
Enjoy the new friend! You can still have a beer at least 6 feet away from each other these days.
We were the Forest City Ford Club. We disbanded it a few years ago. There have been a couple attempts at other clubs but none caught on.

We were really active in the 90's and 00's.

When did you live in London?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts