Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been a while since I've posted but I wanted to share a video and some tips on a little project I've been working on.

As you know the side markers on the 1968 pony are static. They turn on with parking lights and stay on with headlights but that's it. I wanted to change that. I looked around and found a few resources to convert them into blinkers. There were a few way to do this but the easiest was to take one of the side marker light wires and splicing it into the flasher wire of your parking light.

I don't like cutting into my original harness and I like the option to go back to stock so I created an adapter that enables the side marker to blink and keeps you from having to cut or splice into your car harness and light assemblies.

If you're interested in the adapters, I offer a set on ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/284809674941

Check out the video!
Hope this helps and I appreciate the support of the channel!

Slope Electric blue Electrical wiring Cable Wire

Negan's Garage

·
Premium Member
9,429 Posts
Great idea! I was considering mounting a tiny undetectable-when-off LED turn signal to the underside of the 66 front bumper where it wraps around the fender since there is already a hole there for the side-to-fender bracket, just as a measure of added safety so approaching drivers could see the car better at night (and day) and know the intention of the driver. Might do that to my son's car first since he actually drives his very often.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great idea! I was considering mounting a tiny undetectable-when-off LED turn signal to the underside of the 66 front bumper where it wraps around the fender since there is already a hole there for the side-to-fender bracket, just as a measure of added safety so approaching drivers could see the car better at night (and day) and know the intention of the driver. Might do that to my son's car first since he actually drives his very often.
Interesting, could you send me some pics of the location and routing? I don’t have a 66 to reference.

·
Premium Member
9,429 Posts
Interesting, could you send me some pics of the location and routing? I don’t have a 66 to reference.
Here you can see the mounting hole for the brcaket in the fender, behind the bumper...
Automotive parking light Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

And the mounting hole on the underside of the bumper.
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Liquid Motor vehicle

Would be easy to piggyback a small LED chrome housing to the bracket and conceal under the bumper until it lights up.

It would be pretty easy to conceal one in the gap between the rear bumper and body, too.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
9,429 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts