Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1968 Mustang Coupe with an original factory speed control and I managed to fix it nearly completely.

Now I am only in need of one last part for my speed/cruise control system:

- the connecting hardware for the servo control bracket (bellows) to the existing accelerator rod (the previous owner must have it removed ?). It should be the basic part numbers 9D766, 9D768, 9D774 and 9D764 (+ fasteners).

I am attaching one pdf document of the parts I have and one pdf document of the part I need.

Does anyone have this part for sale or knows somebody who has ? (I know that this part is very difficult to find !)
Another possibility for me could be to "built" the part myself, in this case I would need detailed pictures and exact dimensions of an original part.

P.S. If you have specific questions over these complicated/rare nature of the 1968 speed control system, I may have some good pictures from my original factory speed control.

Thanks

David

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Look in the Sacramento CL, there is an old guy Harry with a boatload of parts. He does have the speed control unit, but I'm not sure of the year.
good luck,
Walt

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 1968 Mustang Coupe with an original factory speed control and I managed to fix it nearly completely.

Now I am only in need of one last part for my speed/cruise control system:

- the connecting hardware for the servo control bracket (bellows) to the existing accelerator rod (the previous owner must have it removed ?). It should be the basic part numbers 9D766, 9D768, 9D774 and 9D764 (+ fasteners).

I am attaching one pdf document of the parts I have and one pdf document of the part I need.

Does anyone have this part for sale or knows somebody who has ? (I know that this part is very difficult to find !)
Another possibility for me could be to "built" the part myself, in this case I would need detailed pictures and exact dimensions of an original part.

P.S. If you have specific questions over these complicated/rare nature of the 1968 speed control system, I may have some good pictures from my original factory speed control.

Thanks

David
David,

I have a bunch of parts for the 68 system. I will have to check and see if I have extras of what you need. These are the same on the cougars and more plentiful. All I need is a knob and I have not been able to locate one for two years.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I was going to suggest that guy "Harry" also. He is in Oakley, CA. He actually had the speed control listed last week. But, now that I think of it, it did say in his ad that he didnt have any of the under hood parts though.
He does seem to have a c-load of parts and cars for sale

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Good luck to ANYONE that thinks they can actually buy anything from Harry! Been there a couple years ago and he has a lot of rare (!!!!!) stuff and some pretty unique stuff. He would not put a price on any of the stuff. It will likely go mostly to waste when he passes on. His family wants nothing to do with it all!
Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had no luck with Harry. I tried several times by mail and phone, I received no real answer to my request. Maybe you have to stop by his place, but Mike already told us the result...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts