Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple people might know me on here?? but i thought i'd throw out some pics of my 68 coupe, i bought it in 1999 it was baby blue barn paint 289,C4 auto 8'' 2.79 and enough rust to choke sasquatch. I put new quarter panels on it in 2000 and had it painted for a parade HOK candy apple cobalt blue i knew there would have to be major surgery in the future that day came when i hit a deer going pretty fast :crybaby: so join me on this Wisconsin Death Trip, if you buy an old car from the midwest be prepared!!:box:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Yikes... it looks like you took a picture of my floor before I started on it. Hopefully your frame rail isn't as bad as it looks.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Man, you are in the boonies!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yup, those pictures definitely look familiar.

Welcome to the Rust Club!

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I had half of one of those big garbage cans full of rust dust and pieces I could rip off by hand. Once I started hitting things and cutting pieces out the joke behind it lost it's flavor. You are moving fast, and everything looks great so far.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I should have done a 1 piece floor pan but i was scared of shipping:skullnbones: the quality of the front frame rails,torque boxes,seat pans was AMAZING! Spectra=USA, anyways i took the great seat bases and dropped them 1/2'' and set them back 1/2''

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks, yup really busy, i'm at a standstill with this 289, i have yet to tear into it, but its a 68 block with 66 Hi-po heads tri Ys old wiend intake and carter AFB carb thinkin someone souped it up in the 60's-70's i have no clue what to do, rebuild?,331?,use the Hi-po heads,sell them and get aluminum heads ughh i dont know i dont need 500 horse but i plan on around 350 horse a T5 and 3.80 Trac loc.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts