Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1969 302 intake manifold

798 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Huskinhano 
#1 ·
Hello so I have a 1969 302 that I pulled out of my ‘66 mustang. The intake manifold was pretty dirty on the outside. Took off the water neck and inside was very rusty an gunked up. Does anyone have a website where I can buy a new 2bl 1969 302 intake manifold? I’ve looked everywhere can’t find a 2bl one. ORR does anyone kno a good way I can clean this thing out an reuse it??? Thank you!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
No one offers a 2V manifold. Since yours is original, have it professionally cleaned by an engine shop. I wonder, though, that the inside of the rest of the engine must be a mess, too. You'll need to flush that out as well as you can.

#3 ·
im learning this stuff as I go this is my first rebuild. So where else an what else should I be taking off tocheck to see if the engine is good it turned on an sounded ok when it was inthe car. Also how do I flush out the whole thjng? Thank you!

#4 ·
If you're going to have the engine rebuilt, then just include the intake manifold with the block to have "hot tanked". That will satisfactorily clean it. If you're NOT going to rebuild the engine, your best bet would be to do a citrus-based flush, maybe twice after installation (see "Mercedes Douche" as a forum search) with a not so new radiator though.

#5 ·
You can soak it in molasses or evaporust to get the rust out. They sell coolant flush kits at any parts store. Hook a garden hose on it and let it run. But if it runs well, why are you rebuilding the engine?

#6 ·
So for everyone I’m not rebuilding the engine. At least wasn’t planning on rebuilding I pulled it out to repaint it an then stumbled upon that mess. So I would rather not rebuild it but I deff wanna clean out the intake manifold to put it back on. As well as when it was in car yes it ran fine only issue we had is it didn’t idle which we basically assumed was a vacuum leak.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.