Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. I recently purchased a used shaker assembly for my 'R' code. The question I have involves the shaker base. Every indication shows it to be correct except that it is 16-3/8 inches in diameter and 2-7/8 inches tall. Mustang Monthly's article about shakers listed them as 18.83 by 5.5...it never says where it's measuring from and to. I need someone with an authentic cobrajet shaker to go out and measure theirs. I need to know if mine is correct. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Here are measurements for my '70 CJ shaker base, which should be the same as yours other than the vent "elbow".

(All measurements are approximate)

5 1/8 " inside carb opening
16 3/8" outside to outside of top rolled edge
2 7/8" deep
1 5/16 " rise from bottom of base to carb opening lip

air filter mounting "ledge" 1 inch above base floor

I, too, wonder where they are measuring from. I also saw those other measurements a while back on the Boss 302 Registry website (I think). Mine fits the carb correctly and seems to be the right height when installed.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Oh, just go buy the NOS one on E-hay. Its a bargin at $4,000 so far!/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif SWMBO won't mind.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Rich...mine matches yours exactly...what a relief. One other thing I noticed in the NOS one Bob Perkins is selling on . If you look at the third picture (the one at the bottom) his has a rectangular metal-looking thing towards the back. Is this on yours? Mine doesn't have one. It almost looks like a vacuum connection from underneath. Does yours have any vacuum ports underneath? Sorry for all the questions...just need to know for sure.

·
Registered
364 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts