Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, new to here, I am looking for the window trim that goes on the rear of the drivers window on a 1969-70 fastback. Please let me know what you have please so I can close up my car again....thanks...rich

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I guess NPD doesnt sell this part, because Rick at NPD does such a good job of customer service and support on here I went to their site first but i could not find through their search engine or literally scrolling through the topics looking for it. I guess they no longer have the pdf catalog anymore?

but that said here is the part you need from summit.

·
Vendor
3,771 Posts
I guess NPD doesnt sell this part, because Rick at NPD does such a good job of customer service and support on here I went to their site first but i could not find through their search engine or literally scrolling through the topics looking for it. I guess they no longer have the pdf catalog anymore?

but that said here is the part you need from summit.

It's a common item, we have a mountain of these in-stock, NPD # 22221-2A CHANNEL DOOR WINDOW REAR LH STAINLESS LESS WEATHERSTRIP - #22221-2A - National Parts Depot

And we're $3.61 cheaper to boot.. ;) It's a Daniel Carpenter part FYI and FWIW

Rick
NPD

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
It's a common item, we have a mountain of these in-stock, NPD # 22221-2A CHANNEL DOOR WINDOW REAR LH STAINLESS LESS WEATHERSTRIP - #22221-2A - National Parts Depot

And we're $3.61 cheaper to boot.. ;) It's a Daniel Carpenter part FYI and FWIW

Rick
NPD
See there you go, I will say I spent an embarrassingly long time looking for it on your NPD site via keyword search then various sections of your website exterior trim, weatherstripping(which i could find the rubber that goes in the channel but not the SS piece) even tried finding it on google and summit was the first sale site that wasn't CJ's that popped up under shopping so i posted them.

·
Vendor
3,771 Posts
This commonly happens when there's a myriad of different ways to describe a single part. And I must admit, these aren't easy to find using the category search either.. I'm sending an email right away to hopefully improve..

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
This commonly happens when there's a myriad of different ways to describe a single part. And I must admit, these aren't easy to find using the category search either.. I'm sending an email right away to hopefully improve..
awesome, thanks Rick I know its difficult, the pdf version of the catalog was nice to virtually "flip" through the pages to find something but i guess that was cost prohibitive to update every year

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
I have purchased a couple of these from NPD, and yes, they are hard to find in the on-line store. Be careful to align your door and window as I have already popped the welds off one and had to make another purchase. My solution was to tape off all but that thin area between the two welded parts and squeeze in a very thin bead of JB weld on both sides. Not sure how it will hold up in the long run but I've not popped the replacement off yet.

·
Vendor
3,771 Posts
awesome, thanks Rick I know its difficult, the pdf version of the catalog was nice to virtually "flip" through the pages to find something but i guess that was cost prohibitive to update every year
Actually, we're bringing the flip-books back.. GM catalogs are already on the site, but Ford will be a bit longer..

Rick
NPD

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Hey, new to here, I am looking for the window trim that goes on the rear of the drivers window on a 1969-70 fastback. Please let me know what you have please so I can close up my car again....thanks...rich
Just for info, that part is 69 only. 70 has the weather strip piece on these quarter glass.

·
Vendor
3,771 Posts
Just for info, that part is 69 only. 70 has the weather strip piece on these quarter glass.
No, for fastback it's the same 69-70. It's coupe and convertible where 1970 attaches the rubber to the lead edge of the quarter window.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
No, for fastback it's the same 69-70. It's coupe and convertible where 1970 attaches the rubber to the lead edge of the quarter window.
Oops... fastback. I was just testing your knowledge Rick 🤣

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oops... fastback. I was just testing your knowledge Rick 🤣
There certainly are 2 styles of OEM window stainless trim for the 69/70 Sportsroof! The difference is the channel width of the stainless channel. One style was thicker and needed the rubber insert which turned very brittle over 50 years and became loose and trim fell off the window and landed at the bottom of the door. The other original insert was the same thickness as the door glass.and when installing a very thin film of atv kept glass in place. Ford never serviced the rubber insert for the thicker stainless steel trim but you can use the rubber channel that the quarter window used or the weather stripping on the 71 mustang front windshield. I posted some OEM pics of the differences of the 2 channels

1 - 15 of 15 Posts