Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am considering setting up my car to have a/c upon resto - but only inside the car. Meaning proper box, ducts, control, dash, etc. But I am planning on capping it off - and NOT doing the under hood a/c stuff. That way if I want to install a/c in the future, it will be much easier!

Does anybody have a list of all parts needed to do this? part numbers? Please dont go to too much trouble, but if its handy - that would be awesome!!

Thanks - Joe

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
I've done this on a 67. IMO you must have a donor car with all the parts. Scraping them together one at a time is a pain. Don't trust a used evaporator or heater core.

If Classic Auto Air or Vintage Air makes the underdash setup I would go that route instead.

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
I think I understand your situation. My 68 vert came with factory A/C. Long ago I removed most of the system while working on the floor toeboard area and passenger side fender apron. Carelessness on my part resulted in many of the parts being lost. Goal is to get the factory system or close to it up and running. I'm sympathetic but probably of no help! Right now I have the water from the water pump in a closed loop and the HVAC box out of the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts