Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening. first time i've been on in a while. i just completed a holley sniper conversion to my 69 b-302, but now have a nasty oil leak that is spraying down the passenger inner fender well, alternator, and suspension. thought initially a front main seal. the snout of the balancer looks dry though. one extra tid bit. previous owner ran the wrong timing cover/water pump. sourced correct parts and installed with fresh timing cover gaskets/seal

TIA for any help.

-Joe

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,039 Posts
I can't think of anything with pressure that would spray out of the right side of the engine onto the inner fender. Some Boss cars had a remote oil cooler and if you have one maybe it has a loose fitting. If it was the left side a leaking oil filter gasket or oil pressure sending unit could be the culprit.
Here's a link to the guys who will know.
http://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?board=2.0

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no external cooler. and when watching the area with engine running you dont see anything spraying. I doubt this is a boss specific issue, just wondering ideas of places to look.

·
Registered
9,218 Posts

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Check for an oil leak where the oil pan meets the timing cover. Pay attention to the area behind balancer. I had the same issue and found out it was an oil seep that was getting caught up in the air movement from the spinning balancer and being thrown to the passenger side. I had oil on the underside of the alternator, the wiring going to the solenoid, the sway bar on that side, etc. Nothing on the driver side..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts