·
Registered
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, it was not mine.

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
That looks like a Mach I scoop based on the grill in the scoop opening to me. Wow, look at the snow behind the front grill !! Dean

·
Registered
9,214 Posts
Mach 1

·
Registered
9,992 Posts
Well, not a Boss 429, but, you have to salute those daily driven cars!

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
Welcome to the land of the Frozen Chosen. Yup, had snow here today again :(
We have 4 seasons- Almost winter, Winter, Still winter and Two weeks of bad skiing.

Great pic though, thanks for sharing. Back then, we just drove them, year round. Kept the gas tank full and threw a big azzed block of concrete in the trunk to get some traction. And tried to avoid the snow coming up through the holes in the floorboards lol.

Reactions: Caper50

·
Registered
648 Posts
AHH. Ontario. Where summer is those 2 weeks in August when you can't ice fish. That blizzard was a bastard in sw Ohio also. Dave R.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
It sure was a mess.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Not nearly the extreme, but this really is a Boss 429. It belongs to my friend, Jim. He was featured in an online issue of Hot Rod magazine because he actually DRIVES his Boss Nine. Hot Rod was impressed that he drove it from Colorado Springs to California and back. It was snowing as he got in town.

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Klutch, I seen your buddy's Boss when he entered it in the MCA National show in Kansas City several years ago. Lots of people were impressed he actually drove it there. Dean

Reactions: Klutch

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
My Sprint with snow pile behind it in high school parking lot winter of `84/85, my senior year. Missing wire wheel covers at the time. My first car purchased with my own money & still have. Dean

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
brings back memories
I drove my 71 coup in all kinds of weather until 86 when i got my first new car

didnt get my first FWD until 2001 and my first AWD until 2018

·
Vendor
3,871 Posts
I think that is indeed a Boss 429. If it was a Mach 1, I don't think you'd really be able to see much of the scoop from that angle, and there would be hood pin cables. What appears to be the scoop grille, is just the cable-operated flapper-door that resides just inside the snout of a Boss 429 scoop.

How about that funky side-protector molding on the front fender.. Yuck!!! That's more offensive than the snow is.. ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts