Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
It kind of sucks that they messed with it. If you want to stroke out a 429, slap on some go-fast goodies and have fun, why not do that with a normal 'stang? Not sure why they would do all that stuff to such a rare and collectible car. The changes take away from what made this one special, IMHO.

·
Premium Member
9,927 Posts
It kind of sucks that they messed with it. If you want to stroke out a 429, slap on some go-fast goodies and have fun, why not do that with a normal 'stang? Not sure why they would do all that stuff to such a rare and collectible car. The changes take away from what made this one special, IMHO.

I agree to what the article alludes to- the rollbar, subframe connectors, etc. were probably added "back in the day" and the car was drag raced. Since it has been modified from stock why not go ahead and take it to the max with a Boss 521? I see no problems with what the current owner has done to this car.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Motoriuous is not news, its BS clickbait produced by some menial from other articles and dealer for sale ads!
Save us the click through and just steal the text and pics next time, just like Motorious does.

·
Registered
9,472 Posts
While it may be an original Boss 429, and it's a cool custom car, much of the value is gone. For a Boss Nine, correct parts are a BIG deal. I have two friends who own a Boss 429; a 1969 and a 1970. They both tell me there are over 100 parts unique to the Boss 429. If you don't have them, it devalues the car. Finding those parts is a bear. Buying those parts is very expensive. Reproductions are nice, but again, hurt value.

I'm wondering why the shock towers have been cut out from this car. Maybe a previous owner wanted more room to work for racing? Maybe he needed room for headers? Not sure, but that's a major hit on value. A lot of those unique parts are missing.

Would I be happy to own and drive this car? Abs-o-lute-ly! :grin2:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Motoriuous is not news, its BS clickbait produced by some menial from other articles and dealer for sale ads!
Save us the click through and just steal the text and pics next time, just like Motorious does.
That's why I didn't post the direct link to Motorious.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts