Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 69 vert w/original 351 and fmx, 86,000 miles, new top, NO BONDO, runs great but needs passenger side floor pan and new carpet. I can pick this up for 3,500.00, but was wondering what you guys thought. Thanks!

·
Registered
789 Posts
If the mechanicals (ie transmission/engine are fine) I would pick that Stang up... sound like you found a nice project to restore! Good luck!

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I would pick it up in a heart beat. 69 verts are getting expensive.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car seem's to have been garaged it's whole life. Frame rails, shock towers, doors, torque boxes, etc. are all great. Yes, I know parts are more expensive for these years. Just finished restoring my 69 S-code, currently working on a 69 M-code, THEN I'm going to restore my 69 F-code, and just for s!!ts and giggles, I'm going to help my brother restore 2 70's that he just picked up. So yeah, I know all about getting raped for parts. ESPECIALLY since I'm putting the M-code to 100% concourse! LOL

·
Registered
1969 Mustang GT Convertible
581 Posts
If the convertible is in the condition you described, buy it NOW. That would be a great price especially if all you have to replace is one floor pan. Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Several of us here keep an eye on 69 vert prices and, if its as represented, you should buy it as an investment if nothing else. There were only 1600 or so 69 verts equipped with the 351W originally....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts