Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an idea what the problem might be? No oil pressure, no temp, no fuel. Have replaced the constant voltage regulator, the printed circuit board, the ignition, the turn signal harness, the oil sending unit, and the temp sending unit. still nothing???

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
have you had the gauge pod apart recently?

do your temp guage peg cold and your fuel guage peg past Full??? if so i had this problem,

the individual guages are slotted to fit into the metal housing, they have to be centered in those slots to prevent grounding the guages out.

also there should be two rectagle peices of cardboard between the metal housing and the contacts on the circuit board where the nuts screw down onto the gauges

that cardboard acts as an insulator between the housing and the contact of the circuit board screwed tightly down

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, yes and yes...i've even tried a different gauge. my temp is pegged cold. but the fuel is pegged empty, and the oil is pegged low. i have the cardboard insulators in place. i've also checked the ground, all seem to be good. Also checked continuity from the engine loom to the sending units (0il and temp) am receiving fire thru the engine feed harness, so should be getting to the oil and temp sending units....really don't what else to trY???

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
Have someone ground the sender wire out to the body or motor and see if the gauge pegs high/full. This will work for temp, fuel, and oil pressure gauges. If they peg then the gauges are all working correctly. Do any of the needles move at all when the motor starts up? If none of them move, then you are not getting power to the gauges. Might be a dumb question, but did you check the fuse panel? I'm thinking there is a fuse for them but i'm not 100% sure. Is the metal gauge housing painted or still bare metal?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone have an idea what the problem might be? No oil pressure, no temp, no fuel. Have replaced the constant voltage regulator, the printed circuit board, the ignition, the turn signal harness, the oil sending unit, and the temp sending unit. still nothing???
Hello we are have the same problem got the car with interior all out lights turn signals all work I plug in the dash cluster and nothing
Please let me know what you find out I will check gauges and card board on cluster tomorrow to make sure these are good

·
Registered
117 Posts
The gauges each operate on power and ground. Use a meter that reads 12 - 16 volts. See which one is missing. Is it power? or ground?. Don't buy anything until you know exactly what is missing and where.

Hello we are have the same problem got the car with interior all out lights turn signals all work I plug in the dash cluster and nothing
Please let me know what you find out I will check gauges and card board on cluster tomorrow to make sure these are good

1 - 7 of 7 Posts