Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to install the weathersrip that attaches to the rear of the stainless-steel channel on the 1969 door window? This channel seals the side and rear quarter glass together when closed... I've looked through the shop manual and couldn't find any reference.

Do I need to take the door apart or is there an easier way to install it? Thanks!

·
Registered
571 Posts
The weatherstripping just slides into the channel, there's nothing else holding it in. It's recommended you use some kind of lubricant to assist with the process, I used a very light coat of lithium grease when I did mine.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm not sure the '69 is like my '70 but mine has a screw that holds the seal in at the bottom of the track after it is slid in place.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yep, the 70' has a small screw at the bottom of the seal that holds it to the metal strip. If you can't get the strip out though, you might make sure you don't have a screw holding it in. I know my 69' didn't have one, but somebody correct me if I'm wrong here.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys. I just have shreds of rubber left that isn't pulling out. I'll check for a screw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts