Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I need to change the tinted windshield of my 1969 fastback but here in Europe I found only aftermarket windshield and the shipping from USA of a NOS windshield is really expensive, then do you know if there are some difference from an aftermarket to the original? are there some aftermarket brand better than others?

thank you in advance

Paolo

·
Registered
506 Posts
The aftermarket windshields are 1/16 inch (1.5mm?) thinner than orginal. When I installed my windshield, I had to space the windshield out the additional 1/16 inch so the chrome trim would touch the glass and not have a gap.
Bought mine from these people (http://www.psautoglass.com).

·
Registered
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1,242 Posts
Hello everybody, I need to change the tinted windshield of my 1969 fastback but here in Europe I found only aftermarket windshield and the shipping from USA of a NOS windshield is really expensive, then do you know if there are some difference from an aftermarket to the original? are there some aftermarket brand better than others?

thank you in advance

Paolo
I replaced my windshield two summers ago. Carlite makes a exact dimensional replacement for 69/70's. The only difference is the tint band on the top is dark blue instead of dark green. Carlite discontinued green and standardized on blue tint back in the early 90's. The windshield even has the Carlite logo in the original location. Alan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you guys for your satisfactory answers!
then I try to find a Car Lite windshield here in Europe, most of German suppliers I heard in these days sells only Taiwan windshields
a data coded OEM windshield could be the best

Paolo

·
Registered
942 Posts
I bought my windsheild from PS Autoglass as well, top notch folks there, and no problem for my restorer to work with a glass that was just a bit thinner than original, and they can put the correct logos and dates on them too.
Just not sure how shipping would work to Itally though....

·
Registered
35,876 Posts
I bought my windsheild from PS Autoglass as well, top notch folks there, and no problem for my restorer to work with a glass that was just a bit thinner than original, and they can put the correct logos and dates on them too.
Just not sure how shipping would work to Italy though....
I have worked with repro glass, with very good results. You can even have the correct markings put on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts