Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 1969 Grande with a Windsor 4 speed and it came factory, is it worth anything since everyone parts out the grande's for fastbacks and Mach 1's. It needs restored but it did run when I bought it years ago. Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,477 Posts
This is the wrong subsection of VMF for this question. This subsection is for reporting problems with the website. You need to post it in the General Discussion, Vintage Mustang Forum subsection.

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
ummm.. yaah! It all depends as your description is very vague. Complete car or parts car? Options? Condition? Location? Years ago, meaning 2 years or 30? If it's a complete drivetrain- yes, it's definitely worth $. Tons of other parts are worth jingle as well, it all boils down to weather the car is far gone enough to be considered for parts only, or is actually restorable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its all there but needs quarter skins and I think underside is pretty fair but it does need full restoration. It was in the garage for 15 years and it has a 351 2v 4 speed, no options but using a donor Grande with disc brakes and tilt tilt away plus just bought a rear window defog for it. But is it going to be worth restoring and I will probably be the only one with one.

·
Premium Member
11,477 Posts
But is it going to be worth restoring and I will probably be the only one with one.
Like 90% of us you will most likely be upside down when the restoration is complete. The car won't be worth what you have invested in it.

It may be a "1 of 1" car but it will still be a Grande'. What are Grande's selling for at Barret-Jackson, Mecum, etc?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's the point you don't see any at the auction but there won't be any someday, even at Carlisle there was only one with a 302 auto.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think, once fixed up, it would be a very fun an unique car.... but don't count on making a profit on it. Do it because it's a car you'll enjoy...then if you make money on it then that's just a bonus.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I am kind of in the same boat with you. I have a 1971 Mustang Grande that came with a 429 Cobra Jet non ram air. These are the statistics from the Marti report on mine:

Report says:

Of the

Mustangs,

Were Grandes. Of them,

were built with 429 4-V Non Ram Air Engines, of which

came with Automatic Transmissions. Of them,

were painted Medium Brown Metallic. Of those

were ordered with Ginger Cloth Bucket Seats.

of them had 3.50 Standard Real Axle.

1F4C______ is that Mustang.

So it comes down to a 1 of 1, but I don't know if I will ever get much value from it when I sell it. I bought it and put a lot of time and money it to bringing it back to somewhat respectability, because I thought this has got to be really rare. I do plan on selling it eventually because I have my 65 Fastback that I have had since 1985 that I am going to keep. I know I am not going to ask the world for the 71CJ when I sell it, but it still might be difficult. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Another thing to consider, is that even though it may not be worth much now, that could change in a few years. Seems like a number of the cars that were kind of the "ugly ducklings" back in the day are fetching big money nowadays. The question to really ask, is "Do you like it?" and do you like it enough to spend money on it, that you may never get back out of it.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
69 Grande'

I pulled a 69 Grande' out of a barn in PA which turned out to be 1 of 11. It's got cruise control, tilt wheel, tach dash, 351W, FMX, AM/8 track, AC, PS, PDB, 9" posi, deluxe everything, but a restored Grande' is still a dinosaur. The good parts will go on my 69 GT convert and I'll sell what's left, as it is still restorable. Which would be worth more with all those options?

Attachments

P

·
0 Posts
All Grandes are pretty much loaded . . that's what they were. The 4 speed sets it apart. Like my '71 Cougar 351C closed chamber engine with a factory 4 speed. . . . . not many made. Cougars were more like Grandes . .loaded for cruising.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts