Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a template for the holes of the stock AC vents in the lower dash on a 69? I am have a non-AC car and I’m about to install AC. I have a set of side vents and was hoping to avoid having to buy a lower dash just for the vent holes if I can cut them myself in the one I have. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,713 Posts
It is NOT just a set of holes. They are stamped and formed to fit the original bezels. I can get a close up picture of the holes tomorrow.

If it was just cutting holes, then the AC dashes would not bring $500+

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is NOT just a set of holes. They are stamped and formed to fit the original bezels. I can get a close up picture of the holes tomorrow.

If it was just cutting holes, then the AC dashes would not bring $500+
Maybe I’m mistaken, but from pictures I’ve seen, there are two large holes in the lower metal dash with a notches on the top and bottom. They don’t seem to be indented, but maybe I haven’t had a good angle. I have everything that would attach to the vent hole in this picture, like the bezels, louvers, etc that you mentioned.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Sportsroof
398 Posts
If you are getting a Classic Auto Air System they supply you with the vents and the templates to cut holes for their vents but they are not factory size.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are getting a Classic Auto Air System they supply you with the vents and the templates to cut holes for their vents but they are not factory size.
Going with Vintage air but same deal. The vent holes from vintage air seem to be smaller than the factory ones. I could use the vintage air template to get it close, then just make them a little bigger to work with the factory vents, but wanted to see if someone had tried this before and had a template they made. I thought I saw on here a while back someone had done so, but no template posted.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Someone on 69stang.com posted a layout of the vent holes. The holes in mine are nothing special.
Wood Window Fixture Gas Tints and shades
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Gas Automotive exterior

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,719 Posts
I have seen templates for a DIY installation of the stock vent assemblies in '69 and '70 Musangs. I can't remember where I found them but it should be searchable on the internet. I don't have time to search right now.

Found it:

Reactions: Grabber70Mach

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have seen templates for a DIY installation of the stock vent assemblies in '69 and '70 Musangs. I can't remember where I found them but it should be searchable on the internet. I don't have time to search right now.

Found it:

I saw this as well on eBay, but I wasn’t sure if anyone else has tried to it out? Didn’t recognize the seller. I found the post on 1969stang, but the link to the PDFs are broken. I’ll try to see if I can get them though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts