Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
A worthy endeavor, endearingly undersold as well!

Your post sounds like you're reciting a grocery list rather than announcing you're building one of the coolest cars in existence...looking forward to seeing it come together!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I was in a hurry haha. But it's going to be a pro touring build not a drag car. Some people hear cobra jet and just think drag car. I will post pics daily of the build. I'm also moving into my own shop this week or the following week so it's going to be a little hectic.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Bad ***. Way more interesting to see a CJ re-engineered to function on the street. We already know what they can do on the track. Extremely curious to see what you cook up for the rear suspension in particular.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rear suspension is being build by Mike maier right now. I'm using his full MOD kit but everything is going to be way beefy because of all the HP. Also going with a C&R racing nascar rear end with 3.73 gears.

·
Registered
9,007 Posts
Huh. That's a lot of hp......

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Huh. That's a lot of hp......
Lots more fabrication....good luck! the juice is definitely worth the squeeze... Mine weren't quite the HP yours should have, but with no traction control be very alert when you " mash the gas!"...sure feels great when some squirrel in a Z06, Porsche, viper or hellcat rolls up on you to play and you pull 5-10 cars on them before they know what hits them! Can't wait to see the end result...

·
Registered
715 Posts
Super cool project. I assume you'll also install a proper
roll cage to stiffen the chassis, not to mention the safety
factor with so much HP.

Please keep us posted and show lots of photos!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Oops, forgot one request.

I also want to use the DSE Aluma-Frame with a (much milder)
N/A Coyote engine. So please take lots of photos, especially if
you plan to shave the firewall and move the motor rearward.
I am very curious if this is possible with the Aluma-Frame.
If so, I want to get some idea how much the Coyote can be
moved rearward. I expect the answer is 1" to 2" max, but
I can hope for a little more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not to sure yet as to how far you can set the motor back with the DSE kit. This is my first time using it. But I'll have the front in this next week and I'll take pics and let you know what I think.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Love it! I thought about using the Cobra Jet engine but decided to go with the Aluminator XS. Half the HP but more manageable(?!) on the street. :) subscribed...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts