Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I've a -69 Mach 1 R-code when the interior should be red, but it has been completely replaced by a black interior somewhere in time. Now I'm looking for a chance to restore it to original so I'm looking for a complete RED interior. Possible ?

My very best regards
/Poppen

·
Vendor
4,020 Posts
Hi!
I've a -69 Mach 1 R-code when the interior should be red, but it has been completely replaced by a black interior somewhere in time. Now I'm looking for a chance to restore it to original so I'm looking for a complete RED interior. Possible ?

My very best regards
/Poppen
We have the upholstery and the carpet in-stock (good luck finding anything in-stock anywhere else). The door panels are not available in red, you have to spray them. We have the panels (white) in-stock, as well as the correct dark red SEM paint, and any/all cleaners/preps you might need. You're going to need all that other stuff anyhow to complete the switch-over back to dark red.

Doesn't it make you want to bang your head against the wall when someone takes a beautiful original colored interior like that, and switches it all to friggin' black? Arghh!!! ;)

Just noticed your flag. We have a dedicated export department that can handle all your needs. But none of the paints/chemicals can ship via air, so you're going to need to rely on a local paint supplier to mix up a batch of the proper dark red for you in SEM (just bring them a nice sized sample to match to). Email Roy Jensen at [email protected]

Rick
NPD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about scrap yards in US or Canada, is there some car demolisher organization that could be a good idea to search through ?

·
Vendor
4,020 Posts
How about scrap yards in US or Canada, is there some car demolisher organization that could be a good idea to search through ?
No, there's no demolisher organization (automotive recycler) that has inventory that old..

You're considering putting used/junkyard interior components into a valuable R-code Mach 1? Any used parts you find (you won't find an "entire interior") will require restoration work. Period. Best and probably most affordable to just buy all-new for what you need, and re-finish what you can (paint).

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
No, there's no demolisher organization (automotive recycler) that has inventory that old..

You're considering putting used/junkyard interior components into a valuable R-code Mach 1? Any used parts you find (you won't find an "entire interior") will require restoration work. Period. Best and probably most affordable to just buy all-new for what you need, and re-finish what you can (paint).
He may not know who "we" are. Maybe there is a local to you B9 that could paint them for him and then ship them...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts