Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much is one worth if the car has been fully restored? Assuming it has a 428 cj-close ratio-4spd and a 3.50 posi rear end? I found a car that I am interested in and want to make sure its a fair price.

I will try to get some pics up later tonight http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/files/attachments/1193624621-691.jpg

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
If it is all NOS or refurbished OEM parts and was done to MCA standards then $100K is attainable.

One word of caution - NOS parts for 1969-70 have gotten so high that IMO if you were starting with nothing it would take over $50K just to buy the parts.

Try $500+ for a set of backup lights or $1K for a carb that needs rebuilding.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
68RCodeConv said:
If it is all NOS or refurbished OEM parts and was done to MCA standards then $100K is attainable.

One word of caution - NOS parts for 1969-70 have gotten so high that IMO if you were starting with nothing it would take over $50K just to buy the parts.

Try $500+ for a set of backup lights or $1K for a carb that needs rebuilding.
You can add the exhaust manifolds, heat sheield, snorkle, smog and other big block parts to that list. What it has on it and what you want to do with it well tell you if it is worth the price.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Lorne!
Its Marc Montreuil! I had the 66 coupe was a member up there with you guys for a few years! Hows everyone doing? Tony, Gary, Jack, Rick? Everyone doing good? Give me a shout back!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts