Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a complete car in pieces. It’s a dead project. It was going to be a pro-touring car.

It is located in Belton, TX.

The car has had all the rusty sheet metal removed and is completely torn down to the skeleton with braces welded in right now. It is ready to go onto a body jig or a rotisserie for blasting and new metal installation.

Parts on hand:
-454 FE stroker (427 side oiler .030” over with 428 crank), HR cam, ported Ed heads/intake, 10.5:1 comp, 602 HP on the Westec dyno, FPA ceramic coated headers, Billet Specialties serpentine system. On a run stand right now and gets started once a week.
-Tremec T-56 trans
-TCI suspension (3-link rear with Currie 9” and 3.89 TruTrac), IFS front suspension
-14” front / 13” rear brakes
-Torq Thrust II polished wheels 18x9.5 front / 18x12 rear with 275 front / 335 rear tires mounted
-Anvil auto wide body fiberglass/carbon blend fenders
-Fiberglass hood (looks stock and uses no-tension hinges and stock front latch and pins)
-All new sheet metal and other body parts- all of it
-Full interior (mostly TMI stuff, but looks like stock Mach 1 Deluxe interior)
-All lights and other nick/nacks
-Vintage Air kit
-Ididit steering column, fancy steering wheel
-3” Magnaflow exhaust system
-Tons and tons more...

My builder has made little progress over the last 7 years and I’m done waiting on this car to be built. I have another one that I want to start on so I am considering selling this one. Unfortunately, this one is in pieces and it will be a monumental effort to transport it all unless you are close to central TX and have a box truck/trailer or two.

I have over $70K invested in this one. I know I will lose my A$$ if I sell it like this, but it might be time to let go. If anyone is interested, let’s talk. We may be able to get the new metal installed and get the car partially put together so it is easier to ship, and we can talk about what parts you want and what you don’t. I have a 1970 Boss 302 that I can use a lot of my parts on, so there is a lot of flexibility here.

For the entire package, I would not part with it for under $40K.

Reply here or text me at 501-551-1192 for more info or to request pictures.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, and I forgot to mention the power window/locks kit, Be Cool cooling module, mini tub kit (won’t affect the fold-down rear seat), and your choice of either a fully ported Edelbrock Performer RPM intake and Holley DP carb (currently on the engine) or a Victor intake (will need to be port-matched to the heads).

Yes, the Edelbrock heads are painted Ford blue. I have two other sets of valve covers to go with it as well if you don’t like the ones in the picture.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Good luck with sale. Lotta people don’t want to even contemplate spending $40k on a hobby car, but as I can attest, they can go waaaay over that. Easily, if there’s metal work and aftermarket goodies.
Its just a lot easier to spend it over several years and not add it up!
It might be a total headache but I’m sure you’d do better parting it out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, you are probably right. I guess I’ll start creating several posts on here and other sites to sell the engine and trans and TCI kit and various other parts I don’t need for my other car. Ugh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts