Vintage Mustang Forums banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #122 (Edited)
Got the dash in today and the heater controls and radio installed. The first picture shows the what I thought needed to be done on a new radio bezel. I thought the radio was supposed to stick through the bezel. Trust me the aftermarket bezel did not butt up to the radio like the original did which is the second picture.

Long story short, the aftermarket bezel fit like, well, didn't fit. I took a dremel to it, looked even worse. The original fit like a glove but obviously needs new applique...

I didn't even take any pictures of the whole dash in.

Allen

Attachments

·
Registered
582 Posts
That's awesome you kept the original 8-track. Hopefully it still works, but if not, there are a few people that can fix them. Also, if you need any parts, feel free to PM me. I have a couple cores and would be glad to help you get yours functional again.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Holy crap, I bet if you play that backwards you can summon some kind of mustang demon :lol:

Nope...everyone knows that you have play Led Zeppelin in reverse to conjure those Jimmy Page demons - - >:)

John

Attachments

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #130 (Edited)
So I've been half way looking for a '94-'97 5.8L for the 69, not really my thing but thought I would try one. I found one Thursday night but was going to Birmingham to meet Patrick for his track time this weekend. I just decided if it's there when I get back, I'll contact the guy. It was $200 or so for the engine.

When I got back to town, I looked it up. Not there anymore. I looked on down in the ads (FB marketplace) and a block caught my attention. The ad stated, "1969 351w Virgin block". What the what?!? Looked closer at the pictures and it was an 8L date coded C90E-6015-B block for $275.00 obo. It had been listed about 12-14 hours when I saw it. Sent a message that I wanted to buy it an that if he would hold it I would give full price but he still wanted a deposit. No worries, I sent a $100 deposit.

It has some surface rust in the cylinders, but very light. I picked it up this afternoon...

Allen

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Nice score Allen !!

John

121 - 134 of 134 Posts