Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the measurements for where the dimmer switch in a 1969 mustang would be. I had the floors replaced and it seems the holes are gone. I think I would just need the measurements from the turn in the floor and from the side.
Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a 69 convertible. I think the measurement from dimmer to the curved is approximately 2.5 inchees. I am trying to send photos but am working from an iPad and having trouble posting the photos. Not the best of photos unfortunately. There are a few more photos after this post.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
While your gathering info: Your going to need a hole for the parking brake cable (pictured) and the speedometer cable. Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, but I don't understand where you are referencing this measurement from. So are you saying 2.5 inches from the turn at the floor to the bottom of the button or the carpet hole? There are no carpets in the car yet so I can use that as a reference.
Also, I need the side measurement.
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
4,352 Posts
If you're using the same carpet, lay the front section in place and mark it then mount it. If not, I don't think there's an absolute location. A quarter inch one way or another won't matter too much. All three of my Mustangs seem to be just a tad different, as I've had the carpet out of all three. The old wiring harness will probably guide it to where it needs to be. Sit in the seat and tap where it feels right, mount it, reinstall your carpet and grommet. Then drive !

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sorry, I should have been more clear. The measurement (approximately 2.5 inches) was from the curve to the bottom of the dimmer switch. I did not measure from the side of the vent to the dimmer switch-sorry I didn’t think to do that. It is approximately 1inch. Unfortunately, I am not home for a few weeks and can’t get to the car to do more measurements. Hopefully, someone else can get you better measurements.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts