Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What to say, this has been a hard decision that I have been putting off for a long time. This is kind of a feeler to see if maybe I’m just in a dreamworld about selling this car. If someone is serious it will go but if I have to eat too much money I’ll have to figure something out. I bought this car a long time ago to restore with my father, but over time things change and become harder to do. We have done a lot of work but really ran into the problem of being in too deep. It’s been awhile since I have worked on it and now my parents want the garage space back. I don’t know if there are any shops that read these forums but I think this would be a great car for them because I have everything on hand and they could turn it around quickly.

The problem is it needs the front apron and frame rails replaced and I do not have the tools and ability to do that major of reconstruction. Enough of a background lets get into the meat of it. I have replaced the floor boards and seat riser already and I have all of the replacement metal on hand. A lot of the sub components have been cleaned painted or replaced. The suspension have new control arms and ball joints. I also have an interior kit and that has new upholstery and carpet. I already recovered the rear seat but did not finish the front buckets. The dash has been cleaned and painted. I have replacements of trim pieces for the dash. The interior has all the pieces from headliner to carpet. I also have things like front and rear spoilers. I also have the correct style metal louvers. You’ll also get the gaskets and seals required to waterproof her when she’s done. The brakes have been cleaned and rebuilt. The engine (302, 4 Barrel carburetor) and transmission (C4 Automatic) have been cleaned and painted. I have new brake lines and fuel lines. There’s just so much that I have bought and done, it really just needs someone with welding skills and equipment to fix the front end and basically re-assemble her.

That’s what has led me to here, I honestly don’t know how much it is worth and would like to know what people think and help me decide how I move forward with the car. I don’t want to put a number out there because I don’t want to skew anything. I am looking for a dollar amount that people think I could realistically get for her. I have the parts for my vision and if it is different for other people I could, for example, sell the spoilers and louvers separately because those are expensive.

I unfortunately don't have that many photos on my computer but here is a picture of when I first got her and one of right before I put the floor in.

Thank You
Patrick

·
Registered
867 Posts
so I am currently bringing back to life a '67 coupe that I got from a similar situation that you are describing. It was a father and son project and the father passed away and the son really didn't want anything to do with it after.

By the time I got it they had already replaced the front radiator support and apron, a quarter panel and a couple misc things. Also included were some new parts such as front and rear valences and a rebuilt 302 engine and auto trans. The vast majority of other parts were there including all the original interior parts (most need to be re-done) but is definitely missing a few things. Also note it was a 6cyl with a manual, with corresponding 4-lugs components.

All that being said I ended up getting the car for free, yes free. Granted a '67 coupe that has 4-lugs and was originally a 6 is not the most desirable, but my point is that the car had some work metal work done but still neede some, had some new parts and most original which sounds like very similer situation to what you have- with the exception that yours is a much more desirable body style.

Its hard to say a value because someone has to really know these cars to be able to sort through someone elses disassembled parts pile and get it back together. My guess is you could realistically get $3000 (maybe a bit more) for it, but I would say at that it would take awhile to find that person. To be honest you would most certainly be better off finacially selling it off in parts, but that is very timing consuming process in itself.

Not trying to be a downer, and maybe I off, I am sure others will voice their opinions. Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so I am currently bringing back to life a '67 coupe that I got from a similar situation that you are describing. It was a father and son project and the father passed away and the son really didn't want anything to do with it after.

By the time I got it they had already replaced the front radiator support and apron, a quarter panel and a couple misc things. Also included were some new parts such as front and rear valences and a rebuilt 302 engine and auto trans. The vast majority of other parts were there including all the original interior parts (most need to be re-done) but is definitely missing a few things. Also note it was a 6cyl with a manual, with corresponding 4-lugs components.

All that being said I ended up getting the car for free, yes free. Granted a '67 coupe that has 4-lugs and was originally a 6 is not the most desirable, but my point is that the car had some work metal work done but still neede some, had some new parts and most original which sounds like very similer situation to what you have- with the exception that yours is a much more desirable body style.

Its hard to say a value because someone has to really know these cars to be able to sort through someone elses disassembled parts pile and get it back together. My guess is you could realistically get $3000 (maybe a bit more) for it, but I would say at that it would take awhile to find that person. To be honest you would most certainly be better off finacially selling it off in parts, but that is very timing consuming process in itself.

Not trying to be a downer, and maybe I off, I am sure others will voice their opinions. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Thank you for the response, sorry for my late response. I've been having computer issues. I don't think you were being a downer, I wanted a real number and I'm glad you gave me one. That helps me make an informed decision as I moved forward.

Thank You,
Patrick

·
Super Moderator
8,983 Posts
I would imagine the final selling price to be Much less that what you're thinking. Abandoned projects are very cheap on the dollar, regardless of what's put into them.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Thats ok. I was sending a pm to let you know , I may have a friend that may be interested if you decided to sell your project. He had too many other "honey do" projects and no time himself. Good luck and hope you can work it out where you can fulfill your dream.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts