Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys (and Girls); Does anyone have a pic or can tell me how to mount the fuse box in my 69 FB? I have a brand new OEM harness with the rubber boot and I know that it fits into the firewall but what does the bolt (the one going through the fuse box) mount too? I pic of the box from the engine compartment would help immesely. Am I missing a bracket???

Thanks,
Rob W.

Attachments

·
Registered
760 Posts
I believe my fuse box was mounted under the dash above and to the left of the column. In this pic you can barely see the fuse box behind some of the harness on the left side:

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Yup, the green plastic plug allows you to snap in the OEM harness from the engine side and then attach bolt thru the fuse box on the interior side. The bolt draws the two parts together.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all; I guess I am missing the headlight harness connector. I do have a green connector for the headlight harness but it is attached to the fuse box; not sure how they would be separated.... P51; do you have a pic of the engine side of that connection?

Thanks again,
Rob

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
Rob,
I just took mine apart on my 69 Coupe, the underhood harness clips in to the firewall & that harness is what the fusebox bolt goes into.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
you are missing the green firewall connector for the engine side harness. the underdash harness has a green connector as well.

replacement harness's do not have this connector. you have to insert the wires and rubber boot on the green connector.

i have an extra underhood green connector if interested.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great pic of the connector buckeye. I too am from Ohio (Toledo). I would have been interested in the spare that you have but I already sent off for a new. Thanks for the offer!!!

Rob

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts