Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mustang is back at the shop. Need to do a lot of work getting it ready to race in A/SA or B/SA. The 428 CJ will be on the dyno later this week. I painted this in 2005 using SPI clear and it has never been waxed. It has been in an enclosed trailer for 6 years in the Florida heat. I wasn't sure what to expect when we unloaded it. After washing it the paint still looks great.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Ill take the chrome reveresed over the SVO wheels. Or are those wire baskets minus the baskets? LOL

We'd have expected nothing else from your work, than hold up in the eliminates of a trailer. Glad it turned out well. Isn't this the one they made die cast of back a few years?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ill take the chrome reveresed over the SVO wheels. Or are those wire baskets minus the baskets? LOL

We'd have expected nothing else from your work, than hold up in the eliminates of a trailer. Glad it turned out well. Isn't this the one they made die cast of back a few years?
I was concerned because I found out one of the trailer vents had a hole in it and the roof and hood looked pretty bad and had a bunch of dead lady bugs on it.

Yes they were going to make a die cast but cancelled it because they did not get enough pre orders for mine or Ed Terry's. I had no idea they needed pre orders before they would make it or I would have asked for orders. They had more orders for mine!!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I was concerned because I found out one of the trailer vents had a hole in it and the roof and hood looked pretty bad and had a bunch of dead lady bugs on it.

Yes they were going to make a die cast but cancelled it because they did not get enough pre orders for mine or Ed Terry's. I had no idea they needed pre orders before they would make it or I would have asked for orders. They had more orders for mine!!
Yeah,I would have got one of the die cast cars..oh well...

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picked up 12 hp with Harland Sharp rockers. Peak hp was at 5850 rpm now it has 512 at 6200 and 509 at 6500. We will be testing the PI aluminum intake next.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I take it you are going back with an FE?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fitting Kirkey seats is not just a bolt in. The problem is the roll bar design won't let me have the seat back tilted enough so I will need to use a different steering wheel with less dish. We are mounting the Kirkey brackets to the stock seat tracks that will need to be modified.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts