Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1969 Mustang with LMR Series 3 Rims in Bronze

Decided I wanted to change up my rims from the 2004 Mach 1 wheels to something a little different. As far as I know, I am the first to put this combo on a classic Mustang.

This is the kit that I purchased:

For my suspension setup:
I am running 1" spacers on the front and rear.
The fronts have have 1" lowering springs with an extra 1/4 coil cut out:
The rears currently have the stock leaf springs and a 1" lowering kit:

And that is it. No fender rolling. And everything is fine in the front with nothing rubbing from steering wheel lock to lock.

I think it turned out awesome! I just wheeled it out of the garage, so really didnt take the time to clean up the tires yet.

Old Mach 1 rims:

And finally:

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I'm assuming you mean 1" wheel adapters and not spacers. People are going to jump all over you if it's spacers.

·
Registered
'69 Mustang coupe...331, Fox / Explorer EFI, TK3550, MDL, SoT, TCP, Fays2 Watts, 94-04 Cobra discs
492 Posts
I’m running 03 Mach1 wheels myself. Interesting headlights...what’s the skinny on those.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Nothing that wrong with Spacers as long as they are the machined aluminum type and not the potmetal type.
You just need 3" lugs from Moroso….

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its an adapter. When I order my 9", I plan on having built to length to remove them in the back.

Headlights - I have a thread over on SVT Performance about them.

Id like to lower it a liiiiitle bit more. Might look into doing the Shelby drop this winter.

·
Registered
'69 Mustang coupe...331, Fox / Explorer EFI, TK3550, MDL, SoT, TCP, Fays2 Watts, 94-04 Cobra discs
492 Posts
I do think you should drop it another 1/2 or so all around. Looks great though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In the process of putting a Wilwood front disc conversion on it now.

Also leaning towards the Viking Coilovers. Seems really hard to beat the price for what you get. I will most likely move that direction and sell my current setup once I am done with the brakes and the 9" conversion. (Bought that as well ;) )

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Nothing that wrong with Spacers as long as they are the machined aluminum type and not the potmetal type.
You just need 3" lugs from Moroso….
I've seen Moroso lugs stretch and break under extreme conditions. They cut the threads on Moroso studs where ARP rolls them. ARP studs cost more but there is a reason for that.

Reactions: rpm

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did get the front Wilwood conversion done. Turned out great!

Currently in the process of getting the 9" in place, should be done by this weekend.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I did get the front Wilwood conversion done. Turned out great!

Currently in the process of getting the 9" in place, should be done by this weekend.
The disk looks lost inside that wheel. Sorry but that’s just me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh they are dink looking in those rims, but i didn't want to prevent myself from using 15" skinnes in the future if i want to go that route. They do stop a lot better than the drums did.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Sweet!😎

I have looked at those too...as well as many others.
Just a bit more of a challenge for a 65.

Any underhood pictures?🤔

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sure:

1990 302 and T5 conversion
Edelbrock 1.90 heads and 289 performer intake
"B" Cam
Brawler 650 Carb

·
Dimples
4,355 Posts
I agree with the sentiments that the car would look a bit better lowered more than it is. With full respect to the notion that rear discs are really more for aesthetics than performance, with these wheels, you could use rear discs to finish off the pro-touring look you have going.*

That said, I LOVE the bronze color. It really wakes things up on a white car. Very good choice there.

*disclaimer: this of course is all just subjective opinion. Not trying to boss you around, lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts