Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
I've followed all of the builds Rusty has posted on this forum, you are in good hands. This one is going to be a beauty. I couldn't imagine driving a car in Florida temps and humidity without a/c. When it hits 90 up here, I'm dying 馃槀.

Registered
I'm in the same boat about adding AC to my '67 S code GTA fastback now that I'm living in the desert. I say add it, but as factory correct as possible.

I put the original, as ordered styled steel wheels on my '67.

I'd also add front disc brakes as originally offered by Ford, but as mentioned drums will work fine.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Gary who works with my son Brian in the fab shop yesterday started cutting out the floor. As you can see something happened to the A pillar and rocker panel years ago. I had Gary start grinding and chipping out the bondo with a screwdriver and this is what we found.

Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper
Hood Pink Motor vehicle Automotive tire Fender
Wood Automotive tire Brick Fixture Automotive wheel system
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Wood Line
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Wood

Registered
Holy moly. Stripping down a Mustang is like a box of chocolates...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
On my convertible, the upper A pillers (where the upper door hinge bolts) are in pretty similar condition. I鈥檒l be very interested to see how those are handled.
You have to replace the A pillars and some fabrication work.

Registered
1969 Convertible, 351w FMX
I鈥檓 hoping mine aren鈥檛 as bad, I鈥檓 figuring at the very least I will have to fabricate the piece that the hinge bolts to. One of these days I really need to dig in to the cowls and see what鈥檚 going on. Here鈥檚 a couple of pics, they look a lot like those (I already have the replacement upper and lower cowl). I didn鈥檛 get a good shot of the a piller though.

Helmet Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hat Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

21 - 30 of 30 Posts