Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know it's supposed to be metal to metal and these should be machined, but the "boys" who are putting this car back together have been told that gaskets can be used to fix a small leak and have decided to try it since the manifolds are such a bear to take off. So, can anyone tell me where to get a set? I'm ending up with 10 bolt gaskets instead of 16 from parts places. I was told that gaskets for a 390 High Performance would work. Does anyone know if this is true or do you have any other suggestions? Thanks....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have you tried the local ford dealer ? Mine had a set a year or so ago. Can't remember the price but it seems it was $30 -40.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got a set from NPD last week. $26.00 from the Michigan depot. Call 1-800-521-6104 Tell them the year and engine and they can help.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just received an order from NPD in Michigan and a friend is stopping there this week to pick up another part for me on his way through the Detroit area. I'll call and have him pick up the gaskets if they have them, but when I called a couple of weeks ago they were out. I did check with the local Ford dealer and got the "no gaskets were used" story again. They didn't have anything. I'm still curious about the 390 High Performance ones though.... Thanks guys, I appreciate all the information I can get.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The 390GT and 428 S/CJ use the same exhaust gaskets.
Thanks for considering us!

Scott
National Parts Depot
1965 Conv:Street driven concours
1966 Coupe: Daily driver and toy

·
Registered
86 Posts
The 428 CJ/SCJ use different gasket's than the 14-bolt GT head's.The difference is the port size,port location and bolt hole's.Here's the Fel-Pro #'s for each,Standard & low riser 428 CJ/SCJ #1442.Medium riser 390GT-14 Bolt-#1485.I got a set of the 1485's from PAW last year for around $17.Hope this help's.Monk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts