Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well - Finally got tired of listening to the AM radio ~ Purchased a Blaupunkt CD/Reciever with custom bezel from Sacramento Mustang. Just thought I would let you know the install was a snap, the bezel was a good fit and looks good. I had been avoiding the change over for some time due to misgivings about the look. Even though the new look is a bit out of date in relationship to the rest of the dash, it's not over the top and the ability to actually listen to music is a great change. I received the parts inside of 10 days and received a follow-up E-mail making sure all was OK - Nice touch - Thanks, jc

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
JC, did you buy both the Blaupunkt CD/Reciever AND the bezel from Sac. Mustang, or just the bezel? What's the bezel made of? Is it the very expensive JME billet bezel, or is there now something cheaper on the market?

I've been making my own bezels from repro ones, but it's a PIA to do, and I've got one more '69 to do it for ... MINE! *LOL*

What was the price on what you bought from Sac. Mustang, if you don't mind my asking?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the combo set up - Plastic Bezel and Receiver shipped to the house for $336.90 ~ I had thought about the Billet bezel, and decided a $350 bezel on a $15 Dash was a bit much! They had a Kenwood set up for a bit more - But I didn't like all the colors on the face plate - The Blaupunkt is basically black. jc

·
Registered
910 Posts
Can you buy just the plastic bezel? I already have a cd player. I was thinking about modifying a stock style bezel, but one made for it would be better.
Thanks...Kevin

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
What else are you using in this system? How do you like the sound? Does the CD player skip?

The reason I'm asking is I'm so fed up with the Custom Autosound USA6-CD changer combo in my kids' '65 that I'm about ready to trash it and start over. The CD player is a joke, if you run over a single grain of sand it skips. It's always "locking up," too, when changing disks. The radio has terrible reception and extra features are non-existent. Yeah, I drove the car to work today. Can't you tell?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hubcaps ~ It's a single play CD and the power rating is 4x50 watts. Most likely more like 20 watts a side. Pushing 5" rounds in the front and 6 1/2 rounds in the back {Infinity speakers} My exhaust is not over the top loud, but will force elevated speaking tones at 65 MPH. I can clearly hear the music at speed. I've had it in for a day now. The CD did not skip at all today, but an hour ride is not a test. It's not knock you over sound, but for the price with the bezel, I didn't think it would be - Jc

·
Registered
620 Posts
John,

Wanna donate your old am radio to a radioless 69? Would love to see your new set up and see how it sounds.
Maybe SAT night we can meet at photo's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts