Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new 69 throttle cable from CJ and installed it today in my 69 Mach 1. It does not seem correct. The bracket that attaches to the firewall seems about 2 inches too far to the rear. There is too much slack in the engine bay side and not enough cable in the interior side as at wide open throttle, the pedal is still 2 inches from the floor. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I believe there are different cables (and brackets) for 2bbl/4bbl/ 6cylinder. Which did you get? (I could be wrong about that). My 70 had a 2bbl 302: I converted to a 390 4bbl. Used same cable, and got a generic mr gasket bracket at carb for cable to lock into. I was also able to use a lokar cable kick down with the Mr Gasket bracket for the C6

·
Registered
3,377 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CJ's says the cable is for V8, 22.71". I also have the Mr. Gasket bracket. I took measurements on my bone stock vert. and the distance from firewall to carb bracket is 10.5", bracket to carb linkage connect is 5.5". Those measurements on my Mach are identical. The new cable seems correct from the carb bracket forward to the carb. but there is a ton of slack from the carb bracket rearward to the firewall bracket and then not enough cable from the firewall to the pedal. I'll take some photos today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts