Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what carb is correct for a 1970 351 4V Mach 1? I am thinking it is an Autolite 4300, but do not have the documentation to support that.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
562 Posts
John: I got in touch with a place called carburetorsdirect about this very same question. My /70 351C has a Holly something and asked the question. It is supposed to be a Autolite 4300. Mark

·
Registered
9,882 Posts
Mark is correct, your Mach would have had an Autolite 4300 from the factory, 605 CFM rating.

D0OF-C, Y or AC: 351-4V Auto, w/0 A/C
D0OF-D, Z or AB: 351-4V Stick, w/0 A/C
D0OF-H, AA or AD: 351-4V Auto, w/A/C
D0OF-G: 351-4V Stick, w/A/C

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Very helpful information.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Hemikiller, do you know the difference between the D0OF-C, Y or AC and the D0OF-H, AA or AD? Clearly it has to to with the AC. Is there an idle kick-up for when the AC is activated or something like that? Can the part be added to a non-ac carb? I have a line on a D00F-AC and am wondering if it could be modified.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
In the shop manual the differences would be listed in the carb section.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Yes, the H, AA, AD has a solinoid and bracket that kicked up the idle when A/C was switched on. Had a short single wire that plugged into a female bullet connector at the firewall.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Send me a pm and I can give you a copy of the Autolite 4300 service manual in pdf format.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts