Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I won a special award
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this Motorcraft argent paint a good color match for the stone guard cover and headlight moldings on a 70? If not, what's better?

Tableware Handle Rectangle Drinkware Kitchen appliance
Rectangle Composite material Font Office equipment Office supplies

Liquid Fluid Drink Cylinder Cosmetics

·
Registered
13,118 Posts
The headlight molding does not get paint. From the factory, they had a polished aluminum finish.

The stone guard is a combination of both; partially polished aluminum finish and partially paint.

I used the argent paint from NPD which worked well for the grill and stone guard. Although everyone says the aluminum Mach 1 rocker molding also got argent paint, I'm skeptical. There was factory paint on the back of my rocker moldings and it appears to be a metallic charcoal. I used the black interior paint I got from NPD, which is also a metallic charoal, on the moldings and it's a pretty good match. (My Mach 1 is a Dearborn car from very late in the 1970 production, so that might have something to do with the paint color on the rocker moldings.)

·
I won a special award
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, that's good to know on the molding around the headlights. The originals I have are smashed up and someone painted them, so I wasn't sure they used the argent paint since it has been so many years since I had my other 70 Mustang. Just to be clear, you used the Motorcraft argent paint on your grill and stone guard?

·
Registered
13,118 Posts
Ok, that's good to know on the molding around the headlights. The originals I have are smashed up and someone painted them, so I wasn't sure they used the argent paint since it has been so many years since I had my other 70 Mustang. Just to be clear, you used the Motorcraft argent paint on your grill and stone guard?
No, I used the Argent paint from NPD. I don't recall the brand. Sorry, I've never tried the Motorcraft spray paint.

·
I won a special award
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I used the Argent paint from NPD. I don't recall the brand. Sorry, I've never tried the Motorcraft spray paint.

Ok, thanks. NPD sells several different argent paints. I'll have to call them and see what they think.

Reactions: Klutch
1 - 5 of 5 Posts